In the fall of 1972, a group assembled at the Westminster Civic Center and agreed to form a color guard circuit in Southern California.
- Don Porter – Royal Regiment
- Bernice Porter – Royal Regiment
- Russ Campbell – California Cavalry
- R. Neil Payne – California Cavalry
- Noreen Kompleski – California Cavalry
- Joe Schroeffer – Americanettes
- Janine Schroeffer – Americanettes
- Karen Smith – First President of the Circuit
- Suzie Elliott – Kingsmen
- Ronnie Harn – Diplomats
In 1988, the circuit reorganized under the name Winter Guard Association of Southern California and remains even more vibrate than those early days. As of its 26th anniversary season, the WGASC boasted over 350 members. We have expanded our education division and added our Marching Band division to further serve the community. We have a staff of 12 full and part-time individuals and continue to innovate and set standards across the activity.